Today was supposed to be closing day for the house. For a good part of the morning, I sat here stewing, not knowing what was going on. No phone call, no nothin' from the realtor or lender. It's a difficult situation for me to be in because I ♥ preparedness & order & having a certain level of control. Nice, personality, eh? Anyway, I haven't heard from our realtor, so I emailed her a very polite "What the hell is going on?" note. From what I can infer from her reply, she has no idea either. Her best guess is that we'll close in two days. Of course, panic & dread fall over me. We're supposed to be out of the Willow St. house this very weekend! Too, we've got utilities being turned on and a refrigerator delivery on Friday and so on and so forth! I asked her if we can move in before closing; she is supposed to be working on that. So, that's that. I get to silently and internally freak out all week.
I feel like our realtor has already moved on from us. She started off really strong, but I suppose the deal is (mostly) done, so she doesn't feel the need to keep us informed & up-to-date? It's hell of frustrating. I'm so desperate to be past the big move. I have a need for a real, solid schedule. But, who am I kidding? Even after we move, we'll be jumping head first into some changes. I won't be able to run home for lunch anymore, so I need to start getting into the habit of packing the bento the night before. ATM & I currently share a ride, so he'll have to drop me off and pick me up from work. Or, I could take the bus. We haven't sussed out these details yet because we're currently dealing with exactly a billion others.
UPDATE! Well. It turns out that all of the paperwork needs to be redone, the loan will primarily be in my name (!!!), and we're not going to close until Monday. Aside from trying to make arrangements to go ahead and move in early, I have no idea what to do. I can't even think. I'm angry, but I don't know at who. I'm trying to make any decision, but my brain is stuck. Like, really.
UPDATE: At the very least, we've rescheduled utilities & deliveries. The best thing to do now is to continue packing & hope that our realtor can pull off our moving in this Saturday.
I am so bummed that things just fell apart today. Everything! I'm beyond ready to move on; I guess that's why I feel dizzy and anxious and numb and heartbroken all at the same time! I need a good something. Yesterday!
Here we go.
27 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I kicked today in the nuts for you.
I am confused and heartbroken right along with you. Who are these fools who keep jerking you around? I hate them. Sorry, but I do. They are on my shit-list.
I hope Monday gets here FAST. I know you're BEYOND ready to do the damn thing. Good luck, and if there's anything I can do, HOLLER. xo.
I really love you two. I feel like my back has been gotten.
Post a Comment